Katie Heinrichs - The Dog Loft Inc. Owner
My love and admiration for dogs all started with a Basset Hound named Mya when I was 12 years old. For the next 12 years after that, she was my little heart beat at my feet. Always waiting for me to get home from school or taking over my bed, making me laugh with those ears and continuously making me smile. She was a prime example of what every dog aims to be. She was loyal, dependable, trustworthy, and loving. Sadly in August she crossed the Rainbow Bridge, after years of being my best friend she earned her pair of wings! After everything she gave me, I decided it was time I do something to give back to the canine world! That is why I opened up The Dog Loft!
In March 2011 I adopted Olivia, a Rottweiler x Doberman from the Winnipeg Humane Society and in September of 2013 I added to my little family by adopting Tiger Lily, also known as Tilly, a Rottweiler x Greater Swiss Mountain Dog from Happy Tails Adoption Centre. These two ladies are the centre of my world and everything I do, I do for them!
Now that you know a little bit about me, I would love to get to know you and your pooch! My personal goal for The Dog Loft is to provide each and every pooch that drags their owner through the door, with a safe place where they can feel at home and have the time of their life! I encourage you all to try any one of our wonderful services and offer feedback! I value your thoughts and opinions! After all, if it wasn’t for your pampered canine, The Dog Loft wouldn’t be here!
*Certified in Pet First Aid through St. John Ambulance
*Certified in Mental Health First Aid through Mental Health Commission of Canada
*Attended Canine Collaboration Club's Seminar on Tantrums, Hyperactivity & Hyperkinesis in Dogs
Carrie Frobisher - K9 Education and Training Division
Hi, My Name is Carrie Frobisher, and I am extremely excited to be a part of The Dog Loft as the Director of the K9 Education and Training Division. I am here with 16 years experience training dogs and I look forward to sharing my expertise. I am a Force Free, Fear Free trainer who uses positive training methods.
I currently have 3 dogs at home, my oldest is Bentley who is a 10-year-old Black Labrador Retriever, retired Canadian Champion show dog, who now loves working in schools as a Therapy Dog. My middle dog is Cayer who is a 5-year-old Black Labrador Retriever that I have had since whelping. Cayer is a Canadian Champion Show dog, who is also my breeding female and is currently training for Rally-O. My youngest is Obi who is a 1-year-old Black Labrador Retriever that I am currently training for a service dog for a young girl, he will go to his new home in September.
I am also a mother to my beautiful daughter and grandma to 2 grandsons and 1 grand-puppy who brighten my world. My life resolves around my dogs and my family.
Here are my credentials:
· Canadian Kennel Club member
· Labrador Retriever breeder since 2015
· Therapy dogs working in schools.
· Training dogs for past 16 yrs. with conformation showing, obedience, rally obedience, search and rescue, therapy dogs, agility, service dogs.
· Trained my own dogs for Canadian champion titles, Rally Obedience titles, certified therapy dogs, Canine Good Neighbor titles
· Handler for Potomac, biggest Labrador retriever dog show in the world in Frederick, Maryland, USA
· Trained first official therapy dog at Health Science Centre Psych health in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
· Completed Fear Free Shelter Program – Core
· Completed Fear Free Shelter Intake and Admission
· Completed Fear Free Housing and Environment
· Member of The Pet Professional Guild, The Association for Force-Free Pet Professionals (No Pain, No Force, No Fear)
· Certificate of attendance for the ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance webinar: ASPCA Apro Gentle Animal Handling
NEW TEAM MEMBER PROFILES COMING SOON